Unleash The Power Of The King Of Social Media: Google Maps!

Give us your best live streaming tips, tricks and hacks!
MJKlein
Site Admin

Unleash The Power Of The King Of Social Media: Google Maps!

Post by MJKlein »

Unleash The Power Of Google Maps!

Yes, you read that correctly: Google Maps. If you are not posting photos to Google Maps you are missing out on a great opportunity to extend your reach.

Let me show you something:

This is a screen cap of my 5 most viewed photos on Google Maps. Notice the first one. This is a simple mobile phone photo of a temple that I live streamed several years ago. The live stream viewers numbered in the hundreds. But that photo has over 1.2 million views! A thousand times more people have seen that photo than have seen the live stream.

Now, please notice the second photo. This photo of a bucket of chicken from a local place has over a quarter million views.
Nothing else on any of my social media accounts even comes close to these kinds of views. The third photo is of the menu at that same place, and the fourth photo is a food item at Wenwen's: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=29

Why do these views count for anything? There are 3 reasons:

1. If people find your photographs interesting, they will likely check out your Google Maps profile and you can post links to your sites you want them to visit.
2. You can watermark your photos.
3.You can upload your photos and add a URL to your live stream or video in the description of the photo!

Point #3 is how I discovered the power of Google Photos. I used to take a mobile phone photo of places I would show on my live streams. Later I would upload them to Google Maps and include the URL to the live stream in the description. Imagine my surprise when one day I got a notification that my temple photo crossed over 100,000 views. It was then that I realized I should have watermarked that photo with my YouTube channel logo! There is nothing I can do about it now, but most of the high count photos on Google Maps are watermarked now. I watermark photos with whatever it is I want to promote. It could be a YouTube channel or it could be a website. I have a mobile phone app that does image and text based watermarks, but not at the same time. So I process the photos 2 times to get both a logo and a text message, which is usually a website URL.

Tip: Even if you do not watermark your photos, you should at least be linking to your videos in the description!
MJ Klein, Site Administrator
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489