Stream help

Weber

Stream help

Post by Weber »

I’m trying to find a way that I can have multiple setups and stream separate events/matches that are happening at the same time.

Basically like a tournament where there may 20 matches happening at the same time. I would like to stream each one, with their own separate live stream so viewers could pick and choose which one they want to watch.

Any advice on how to make this happen?
MJKlein
Site Admin

Re: Stream help

Post by MJKlein »

Hi @Weber.

Well, that's an ambitious goal, but before anyone can help, we'd need more information.

That platform would the live stream viewers be watching on? Do you have in mind to use an existing platform for this? Would you be streaming the individual match feeds from your PC to the streaming site?

Because what you are describing is a very large scale, custom site connected to a Content Delivery Network with some kind of HTML 5 front end. There are a number of providers such as Dacast or Vimeo who could handle the content delivery and storage. You'd have to have someone build a website to be the front end so the viewers can see the available content and choose what to watch. You are talking about a considerable monetary investment to do something like that. Also, there is licensing to consider since you specifically mentioned some kind of sports tournament.

Welcome to the Livestreaming Technology Forums!
MJ Klein, Site Administrator
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
Weber

Post by Weber »

Each match would have their own set of hardware, kiosk type setup either using a tablet or pc.

Originally was thinking of using YouTube as an easy format to share and find content. I also was interested in the channel format where we could build subscribers and views to achieve additional revenue stream, but you are limited to the number of live streams at the same time.

This currently being done but on a small scale, with only one or two matches being streamed or requires individuals to stream their own match.

I plan to build the hardware out that each table has a kiosk, the software will also score keep and display match information along with some advertisements or branding.

I’m working on each part of this project separately but I have to find a solution to the streaming. I would like to present the user a link to share across different platforms like Facebook and other social media apps.
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

YouTube certainly is a good place for hosting content and sharing. It looks like you want a hardware solution to streaming to YouTube. There are lots of choices such as the Yololiv Yolobox, and others and they won't require a PC setup at each studio location. But the issue is the multiple streams. Your YouTube channel will not allow more than 1 live stream to their ingest server at a time. Ultimately what you are going to end up doing is developing your own YouTube clone specifically for your own content. In that case, Dacast would probably be a good choice and you can also have Dacast store the matches for VOD replay later. Streaming to YouTube is easy, and even multi-camera/complex production streaming to YouTube is easy. The issue is the multiple streams and the front end that will allow the viewer to select which match they want to view. With YouTube its one stream at a time. There is no way to send a single stream to YouTube that contains multiple matches that the end user can choose from.

If you have an account with a provider such as Dathorn https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489 they can provide you with Cpanel server access where you can select a number of php based content delivery platforms, and some of them are basically YouTube clones. There are other solutions out there but you should find a consultant who can give you direction for this very specific project.
English/中文
Luka

Post by Luka »

Weber wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:40 pm I’m trying to find a way that I can have multiple setups and stream separate events/matches that are happening at the same time.

Basically like a tournament where there may 20 matches happening at the same time. I would like to stream each one, with their own separate live stream so viewers could pick and choose which one they want to watch.

Any advice on how to make this happen?
Hi @Weber

I wanted something similar like you and I thought there's no solution at that time. Scrolling and searching on the Web I found a company called Vidict Media Server - www.vidict.net , and said to myself let's give it a try. The guys were very polite and told me It can be achievable, just need some time to implement it. Whenever someone asks me about streaming solutions, I refer them. Definitely worth it!
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

@Luka I have allowed this SPAMMY post (let's be honest, you SPAMMED my site) because I want to point out that:

There is no 3rd party streaming service that has yet offered a real-time chat system, including Vidict Media Server

So, Vidict is no better than anyone else and I expect not as good as someone with a lot of money behind them, such as Dcast or Vimeo.
English/中文