Intro Video for YouTube Live Stream Using PrismLive

YouTube Platform Discussions
carlc

Intro Video for YouTube Live Stream Using PrismLive

Post by carlc »

I am hoping to have the same intro video run automatically at the beginning of each of my scheduled live streams to YouTube. I am using PrismLive Studio on my iPad to stream to YouTube. I have a colleague working on creating a short mp4 intro video. I am presently streaming successfully each week, but would really like to have the intro video run at the onset. I am new to this and would appreciate any comments or advice.
MJKlein
Site Admin

Re: Intro Video for YouTube Live Stream Using PrismLive

Post by MJKlein »

When you set up the live stream in Prism Live Studio, you set the stream Title, Description and Thumbnail. There is also an option for setting the Intro. Like the thumbnail option, you can choose the media you want to run for the Intro; it can be an image or a video.

You'll find the Intro setting on the left, next to the resolution setting.

Please note that the latest version of Prism Live Studio allows for separate setups for each stream destination to be sure to check the other destination tabs and set those up too.
MJ Klein, Site Administrator
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
carlc

Post by carlc »

Thank you for your help. I can't wait to try this!
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

My pleasure. Thanks for joining the forum. Be sure and let us know how you make out and where we can find your content.
English/中文
carlc

Post by carlc »

Greetings! The good news is that I learned how to add Intros to livestreams... thank you. The not so good news is that in the latest update of Prism Live Studio, I can no longer figure out how to upload media using the iOS app on an iPad. I thought maybe accessing the program on my Mac Book might be an option, but it isn't because I have an older OS which isn't supported. Does anyone know how to add media to the Prism Live Studio app in the latest version?

In case you haven't guessed from my questions and lack of precise vocabulary, I am a newbie to live streaming. The purpose of my streaming is to provide weekly access to religious services for home bound or traveling members of my church. The intent is not to develop a wide viewership, but rather to provide for a very specific audience. My hope is that I can provide a decent stream by learning more about the technology I am trying to use. Anyone interested in looking at my live streams can do so on the YouTube channel: First Congregational Church of Marion
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

The way you add media is the same as before. The media has to reside on the device that you are using though. You can't download media from an external site like Google Drive. You swipe left to show the Studio and then press the Media icon in the upper left. After that you'll see a sub-menu pop up from the bottom. Select either Video and photo, or Music. Then you select the media you want and press Add. You can also go though the media in preview mode and swipe though the different items on your device and click the round button on what you want to mark for adding.

If you can't get it running, please come back and we'll figure out what's going on.
English/中文
carlc

Post by carlc »

Yet again you have saved the day. I can't tell you how many hours I have spent trying to figure this out. Your explanation cut to the heart of the issue in a matter of minutes. I did not save the video to my device. I was trying to access it on my Google Drive. Thank you for your time and wonderfully clear teaching.
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

I'm very glad that you were able to get it working for you! Thank you for following up and letting me know that it's working now. Enjoy!
English/中文