Setting Up The Chat Widget

PRISM Live Studio for Android Devices
MJKlein
Site Admin

Setting Up The Chat Widget

Post by MJKlein »

With the latest release of PRISM Live Studio for iOS, both mobile versions now have a chat widget!

The chat widget can be placed anywhere on the video frame, resized and also the text size can be independently adjusted.

The chat widget does not so a smart word-wrap, so you will get very strange wrapping on sentences. The way to solve this issue to to make the chat widget very long so the messages fit on a single line most of the time.

Also, I place my widget right at the bottom and overlap slightly to the left to put the icons up against the edge. Here is what mine looks like:

Notice that I have my text size setting at 13. That works for me. Set it how you like to see it. The chat widget will display fake text when you are offline so that you can see what it looks like as you are setting it up. That feature is very helpful!

Also note that if you are using other services such as restream.io, your PRISM chat widget will capture chat from any supported API connected account regardless of whether you use PRISM's built-in muitl-streaming service. That means if you connect PRISM to Twitter Live, YouTube, Twitch and Facebook for example, but you use restream.io to stream to those platforms, your widget will display those chat messages just fine.

I hope this information helps. I will cross post in the iOS forum.
MJ Klein, Site Administrator
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489