Finding a decent place to stream is getting impossible

Twitch Platform Discussions
DeanSMS

Finding a decent place to stream is getting impossible

Post by DeanSMS »

As Happs goes G Plus ghost townie, the current replacement platform, Twitch has questionable members.

See https://kotaku.com/40-people-arrested-f ... 1848305635

The late actor Fred McMurry whose line on the Desi-Lucy Comedy Hour in reference to Etha and Fred sneaking off with Ricky and Lucy right behind in a race to resister a fake uranium find while McMurry swept, as he woke and said, "What a bunch of crooks! "
DeanSMS ‎ ‎دين ディン 😎🇺🇸
Scoping from: X Live & Heckle
MJKlein
Site Admin

Re: Finding a decent place to stream is getting impossible

Post by MJKlein »

I don't see this as something that twich itself is responsible for. But I do get your point.

I like your reference to "G Plus ghost townie" lol. Happs is totally dead now. To quote another line from a Desi-Lu production: "You got a lot of 'splaining to do."
MJ Klein, Site Administrator
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

There is always the BAND app. Although somewhat specialized, its like a mini Twitter for your followers. The livestreaming interface is pretty good and reminds me somewhat of Periscope, where the comments are visible and then disappear. The comments also play back in sync while watching replays.
English/中文
kennyloris109

Post by kennyloris109 »

So have u guys found any decent place for streaming apart from twitch ?
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

@kennyloris109 it really depends upon what you're doing. If you are streaming games, unfortunately Twitch is the biggest game in town (pun intended). Dlive is a clone of Twitch basically. Smaller pond so if you're gaming, you could be a bigger fish there.

If you just want to live stream random irl stuff, Reddit RPAN is ok. But, its portrait mode only and moderated by woke feminists. That makes a difference because I got banned by a moderator who inferred a bunch of things I never said and kicked me off a broadcast while I had over 300k people watching. Needless to say, I don't grace Reddit with my presence any longer.

Twitter Live is a mess because once you stream there, it does into a black hole, ever to be seen again.

YouTube is technically very good, and it now does feature a LIVE tab but once again, everything favors bigger channels.

There are some Asian platforms that can be fun, such as 17 and also Afreeca TV but don't expect much there except being a novelty if you don't look Asian.

Facebook is technically pretty good (I can't believe I'm actually saying this) and you can stream to your profile or to pages.

I use PRISM Live Studio (there is a support forum for that software on this site) and I personally stream to my FB profile and my YouTube channel, simultaneously.

There are other platforms like Caffeine but we haven't bothered to add them to the list of video platforms.

Rumble allows live streaming once you meet the criteria.

The truth is, nothing has filled the huge void that was left by Periscope, a dedicated, technologically sophisticated platform dedicated to live streaming that made it possible for your content to be discovered and also found for replays. YouTube is Google indexed, of course, but you will get lost in the billions of channels there because LIVE is such a small subset.

I guess the short answer is "no" but we're using what we can use until something better happens. Maybe Elon Musk will bring Periscope back.
English/中文