Twitter Studio, Editing and Live Cut

Twitter Live Platform Discussions
MJKlein
Site Admin

Twitter Studio, Editing and Live Cut

Post by MJKlein »

For those of you who miss the Periscope app and the convenience of editing, you can do that in the Twitter app. But you have to navigate to the video that you want, and if you have a lot going on in your timeline, it may be difficult to find past broadcasts. If you ask me, this is going to make live streamers tend to not follow a lot of people just to keep their timeline clean.

Twitter Studio does have a provision for editing broadcasts, sort of. You can't edit the title or hide it, but you can edit it in Live Cut and use it to make short videos. This is useful for YouTube Short editing from your live streams on Twitter Live (as long as the video for YouTube is in portrait mode). Go to Twitter Studio https://studio.twitter.com and after you login, you'll land on the Library page. This shows all the media that is available to you for Tweeting. At the top are tabs, and where you find the live streams is under Producer. There you will find a list of all the live streams. Hovering along the right edge of the list shows an icon for editing in Live Cut (mentioned above). Clicking on a video opens the video and shows all the options that were set when you created the live stream, but you cannot edit those settings. But you can Tweet videos and there is a Trash icon that appears to be functional, but I'm not going to try it to find out. I prefer to do that kind of editing in the familiar Periscope environment.

While you can't edit the stuff you can edit in the app, there are some other very interesting and useful things that Twitter Studio can do.

There is a tab called Insights and from there you can see your Audience and Conversation metrics. Please note that Insights are not available for accounts under 1,000 followers. Scheduled Tweets allows you to view (and I assume, manage) Tweets that you schedule from Library or Producer. There is also a tab called Analytics for their analytics program.

So, not really an editor, the Twitter Studio does have some useful functions. I'm going to be making some YouTube shorts out of my live streams, for sure!
MJ Klein, Site Administrator
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489