youtube normal lag, and always recording stream?why?

PRISM Live Studio for Android Devices
Pesca da Treta

youtube normal lag, and always recording stream?why?

Post by Pesca da Treta »

Hi... I found 4 problems. 1 can't do a live stream on YouTube with normal lag setup. Even when i set it up in YouTube studio you have 3 settings: normal, Low, extra low lag, and even if set it up to normal in youtube studio before stream starts it always goes automatically to low after it starts. also i know despite youtube says there's no normal lag for mobile devices other similar apps do manage to achieve this, would be a good fix for better image exchange for more lag time... 2 problem.... It seems there's no way from stopping the phone from recording the stream,only asks if you want to keep it after its done, i think it does not help with cooling if you don't need it, is taking extra resources.. . 3 problem it seem audio coulb be better compared with other streaming apps when i do tests also the lag setup problem doesn't help with that either and image too for that matter. biguer lag better image in my case i prefer better imagem, 20 seconds lag makes no real difference for me. 4 problem can't chose pre setup live on facebook studio like on youtube shows your pre created streams or option to create new one.

thanks
MJKlein
Site Admin

Re: youtube normal lag, and always recording stream?why?

Post by MJKlein »

Hi @Pesca da Treta and thanks for joining the forum.
1 can't do a live stream on YouTube with normal lag setup. Even when i set it up in YouTube studio you have 3 settings: normal, Low, extra low lag, and even if set it up to normal in youtube studio before stream starts it always goes automatically to low after it starts. also i know despite youtube says there's no normal lag for mobile devices other similar apps do manage to achieve this, would be a good fix for better image exchange for more lag time
What similar apps can do this? You said that YouTube has said that there is no normal latency setting for mobile devices. That's for a good reason. Live streamers want the lowest latency they can get so they can respond to comments. Setting the latency to normal for a live stream is a bit odd. I'd be interested to know why you like the normal latency for live streaming because I'm always battling comment lag.
2 problem.... It seems there's no way from stopping the phone from recording the stream,only asks if you want to keep it after its done, i think it does not help with cooling if you don't need it, is taking extra resources
The work is in the encoding for the live stream. Saving the file is not any more intensive than when you're recording video.
3 problem it seem audio coulb be better compared with other streaming apps when i do tests also the lag setup problem doesn't help with that either and image too for that matter. biguer lag better image in my case i prefer better imagem, 20 seconds lag makes no real difference for me.
The audio quality depends upon the device/mic. I'm an audio engineer and PRISM's audio is as good as any. Again, I'm interested in what apps you think have better audio. You can always use a lav or other external mic. PRISM does play back 24 bit .wav and also 16 bit .mp3 files, which is pretty good. What's wrong with the image? What do you have for a bitrate setting? I run PRISM at 720p and it works flawlessly. I also have stereo audio as the app uses both mics.
4 problem can't chose pre setup live on facebook studio like on youtube shows your pre created streams or option to create new one.
Back when I used FB, I set it up once in PRISM and it worked flawlessly. The title that I created in PRISM propagated to FB and honestly I never had to edit anything on FB. You have to use the Connect feature in PRISM to add streaming destinations.

I'll make sure that @Jake Song from PRISM sees your post so he can get your feedback.

Thanks Pesca.
MJ Klein, Site Administrator
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
MJKlein
Site Admin

Re: youtube normal lag, and always recording stream?why?

Post by MJKlein »

Pesca da Treta wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:54 pm 2 problem.... It seems there's no way from stopping the phone from recording the stream,only asks if you want to keep it after its done, i think it does not help with cooling if you don't need it, is taking extra resources.. .
Make sure you are updated to 3.0.0. There have been some operational enhancements to reduce heat buildup. Future improvements will be made in that area also.
1 can't do a live stream on YouTube with normal lag setup.
This is purposeful. Normal latency results in very big lags in the chat. Some live streamers do not understand this issue so they end up blaming the app for chat lag. This is why PRISM will set your latency for lower than normal. Every live streamer I know sets latency as low as they can get. In my recording studio, I went to great pains to reduce latency as much as possible. Latency is bad for everything.
MJ Klein, Site Administrator
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489