Heygo is shutting down on April 11.

Tip supported live tour platform. Streamers are called "Guides" and viewers are called "Voyagers."
Daveinosaka

Heygo is shutting down on April 11.

Post by Daveinosaka »

Today I received an email from Heygo that they were shutting down. I've pasted it below. I can't say it was a surprise. I stopped contributing last year in May.

Dear Heygo Guides,

We wanted to share some unfortunate news with you today. After exhausting all possible options, we have made the incredibly difficult decision to close the Heygo platform. Access to the Heygo website and app will cease at noon UK time, on the 11th April. We understand that this news may come as a shock to you, and we want to express our sincere appreciation for your support, passion, and dedication to Heygo & it’s voyagers.

We want to celebrate the incredible content that you have provided to our community. Your tours have been nothing short of amazing, and we are so proud of the contributions that you have made to Heygo platform. We want to take a moment to acknowledge your hard work, and thank you for making Heygo a special place for so many people.

We know that many of you will be wondering what comes next. We want to suggest a few ideas that you could consider:
You could still use Facebook, Youtube or Instagram Live to stream your tours and continue to engage with your followers.
Buy Me A Coffee is a great platform to attract tips for your tours.
You will have access to the Heygo Facebook group until April 11th. We encourage you to create your own spaces and invite users to join them for any future tours that you intend to deliver.

We invite you to join our final Heygo Town Hall, which will be presented by John on Friday 31st March at 16.30 BST. This will be an opportunity to reflect on our time together and celebrate the amazing contributions that our community has made. We will also open up two guide drop in sessions to come together and have your questions answered. You can sign up here.

We recommend that you take this time to download any of your content from previous tours, as access to this will completely cease on April 11th at noon UK time.

We want to assure you that we are committed to supporting you during this transition period. We are opening group office hours for any guide who wants to drop in, book it here. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at guides@heygo.com

We’d also like to assure you that you will be paid all outstanding tips and sponsorships as normal on the first working day of April, plus an ad hoc payment for any additional payments in mid-April (date TBC). You can feel confident that you’ll receive all tips as standard for any tours you schedule until the website stops operating.

Thank you once again for your dedication and passion on Heygo platform. We are so grateful for the memories that we have created together. It warms our heart to know that many of you have formed meaningful friendships with other users and or guides, and we want you to know that these precious connections need not come to an end. Although circumstances may change, we hope that the bonds you have forged will endure and continue to enrich your lives in countless ways.

Best regards,
The Heygo Team
MJKlein
Site Admin

Re: Heygo is shutting down on April 11.

Post by MJKlein »

This is what happens when you allow stuff like Chocolate Meditation and someone cooking food in the kitchen to be allowed to happen on a tour site.

I seem to recall someone saying
(mark my words) the more YouTube-like Heygo gets, the more those tips will dry up.
Oh yeah, it was me: viewtopic.php?t=518

It dried up all right. I really wish they spend less time trying to invalidate my views and more time on making the platform viable.
MJ Klein, Site Administrator
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
MJKlein
Site Admin

Re: Heygo is shutting down on April 11.

Post by MJKlein »

I deleted the app. Too bad. So much potential. Someone could buy the technology and make it into a successful business. But I'm guessing it will remain on the owner's PC for years, doing nothing.
MJ Klein, Site Administrator
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489