Facebook Stream to profile and Page

Request features you'd like to see added to PRISM Live Studio. Please specify the platform, Android, iOS or PC.
tiagoventura7

Facebook Stream to profile and Page

Post by tiagoventura7 »

hi all,

i stream for two destinies on facebook, my profile and my page, prism only allows me to stream 1 feed to each server;

to stream for my two destinies on facebook i can do some "workaround" by stream one of them to facebook channel to custom rtmp but this one can't change title and description.

another thing that is importante to me is the possibility to save the text of title and description for future streams, it can be usefull.

thank you for your attention, cheers
MJKlein
Site Admin

Re: Facebook Stream to profile and Page

Post by MJKlein »

hi @tiagoventura7 and welcome. Are you saying that you stream to your page and profile at the same time, or different times?

btw, you didn't say if you are using the PC or mobile version, and what OS.

The mobile app does keep the Title and description so when you start up a new stream it's still there if you want to use the same information.
MJ Klein, Site Administrator
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
tiagoventura7

Post by tiagoventura7 »

hi MJKlein, thank you for your help (with the fullscreen bug also)

yes, i stream to page and profile at same time, from PC with Windows 10. i noticed the mobile app keep title and description, that is wonderfull, it save some time.

another question, where can i contact prism team directly?

again, thank you for your help
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

tiagoventura7 wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:52 am hi MJKlein, thank you for your help (with the fullscreen bug also)

yes, i stream to page and profile at same time, from PC with Windows 10. i noticed the mobile app keep title and description, that is wonderfull, it save some time.

another question, where can i contact prism team directly?

again, thank you for your help
Thanks for the reply @tiagoventura7. I'm interested to know how you are doing the double-streaming now.

One way I can think of but I'm not sure that it will work, is to stream to 1 destination using the SNS login connection, and stream to the other through restream.io and RTMP. The PRISM PC chat widget should capture comments from both sites.

btw, the full screen issue seems to have resolved itself. My iPhone updated with a small security patch and now the photos display properly in PRISM Live Studio on iOS.

You may contact the PRISM team directly at prismlive (at) navercorp.com
English/中文
tiagoventura7

Post by tiagoventura7 »

let me explain,

facebook has the possibility to stream through login and rtmp key.

Using Prism, i can stream for facebook profile using rtmp key and for facebook page using login. the thing is, to stream for facebook profile using rtmp key there is a complicated procedure to get it work.

so, i need to open facebook on browser, start a new stream, make sure if the rtmp link and key are correct, write the tittle and descrition, start stream on app, see on browser if facebook is receiving the signal from app and click "Start" on browser... i would like to avoid this method which is a little complicated.

an example of what i want to do with prism is something like vMix or wirecast does. vMix does have 3 simultaneous streams (wirecast has unlimited streams) you can easily login on facebook (more than one account on each stream) select profile or page, write the title and description texts and save all the information.

i would like to have 2 or more facebook logins to make possible stream to different destinies on same server, keeping all the information including logins, title and description texts.

sorry about my english, i did the best to explain.
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

Your English is excellent and I understand your explanation perfectly @tiagoventura7.

PRISM apps use their own re-streaming servers, just like restream, basically. When you turn on mulit-streaming in PRISM it sends those streams to their servers which in turn send the stream to the connected services. I don't have any official connection with PRISM but I am confident that it will never be made to behave like Wirecast.
tiagoventura7 wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:56 am i need to open facebook on browser, start a new stream, make sure if the rtmp link and key are correct, write the tittle and descrition, start stream on app, see on browser if facebook is receiving the signal from app and click "Start" on browser... i would like to avoid this method which is a little complicated.
My previous suggestion of using the SNS login to your page, and then connect via RTMP to restream.io for your profile is probably the easiest way to do it on PRISM. One reason is because (I have a ton of experience with this) when setting up a new stream with restream, all you have to do is change the stream title. You do not have to configure a new instance of a live stream. Just use a web browser, change the title and press GO on your encoder. I have done with many times using a mobile browser also. Restream handles starting a new live stream via RTMP. You do not have to do this in Facebook.
Off Topic
Is there any real advantage to streaming to your profile and a page on FB? I have the same situation but I stream to the profile (because it has more followers) and I share to the page. But this is none of my business. :D
You can certainly ask the PRISM PC team if it is possible to set up multiple streams to the same domain with different destinations. Thanks @tiagoventura7.
English/中文
tiagoventura7

Post by tiagoventura7 »

hello again,
MJKlein wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:08 am PRISM apps use their own re-streaming servers, just like restream, basically. When you turn on mulit-streaming in PRISM it sends those streams to their servers which in turn send the stream to the connected services. I don't have any official connection with PRISM but I am confident that it will never be made to behave like Wirecast.
ok, i got it... its good to know that multi-stream feature is done on server side, it saves resources on local machine.
MJKlein wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:08 am My previous suggestion of using the SNS login to your page, and then connect via RTMP to restream.io for your profile is probably the easiest way to do it on PRISM. One reason is because (I have a ton of experience with this) when setting up a new stream with restream, all you have to do is change the stream title. You do not have to configure a new instance of a live stream. Just use a web browser, change the title and press GO on your encoder. I have done with many times using a mobile browser also. Restream handles starting a new live stream via RTMP. You do not have to do this in Facebook.
nothing against restream or any other platform, but i would like to avoid browser interaction. here in the church we have some volunteers that help with multimedia stuff. some learns fast, some not, some have good skills, some not, some can fix issues (when need), some not... all good hearts. the reason i would like to do all the job "in-app" is to simplify the process for them. i do the "hard job" to get the things work and the volunteers came to do their job.

about the offtopic,
the point is, we would like to keep the access to our facebook for 2 ou 3 managers (max), not for our volunteers... for privacy and security reasons.
share a post on facebook needs an access, so its not what we are looking for.
MJKlein wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 2:08 am You can certainly ask the PRISM PC team if it is possible to set up multiple streams to the same domain with different destinations. Thanks @tiagoventura7.
i emailed prism live team, hope they can take a look on it. thanks very much for your help, wish you the best.
tiagoventura7

Post by tiagoventura7 »

oh, there's another thing about "offtopic" that i forget to mention,

at first sight, streaming for two destinies on the same server doesn't make sense, so you can stream to a profile, page or group (public) and easily share it whatever you want (another profile, page or group), that was my first impression.

but based on our experience, the major part of people keep subscribbed only in the first result on search (page or profile) and some of them doesn't get notified when we get live. to reach all the people we started to stream for page and profile... and in fact, all the numbers (viewers, likes, shares) growed up. i don't know if anyone has experienced the same but this worked for us.

again, thank you for your support, wish you the best
MJKlein
Site Admin

Post by MJKlein »

tiagoventura7 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:31 pm but based on our experience, the major part of people keep subscribbed only in the first result on search (page or profile) and some of them doesn't get notified when we get live. to reach all the people we started to stream for page and profile... and in fact, all the numbers (viewers, likes, shares) growed up. i don't know if anyone has experienced the same but this worked for us.
The issue is: you have a split audience. Some are subscribed to the profile, and some are subscribed to your page.

The growth you mention is not actually growth. You saw this growth because you streamed to 2 locations and the stream was seen by the people who missed it because of being subscribed to the wrong place. Remember, you have the same audience but they are split between 2 places. Some of them are subscribed here, and some there. I suggest that instead of working hard to stream to 2 destinations, you put the effort into getting people to subscribe to the page that is specific to your program. I would regularly post on the profile, that you are going to live stream exclusively on the page, and that everyone should subscribe to the page to get notifications about the live stream.

Remember that not everyone who is subscribed enjoys live streams and will view them. The ones who really want to subscribe will subscribe to the page and view the live streams.

I suggest that you assign someone to post on the profile every week before the live stream, that you are streaming to the page. I know you are trying to work out a technical solution that doesn't require admin access to the solution, but trust me, a couple of inexperienced people with administrative access to the technology will cause more harm than on Facebook.
English/中文
tiagoventura7

Post by tiagoventura7 »

oh i see... i didn't thought like a split audience, as you said... it makes total sense.

i'll follow your county and try to redirect all the people to the same source.