DJI Pocket 3: A Promising Live Streaming Camera?

MJKlein
Site Admin

DJI Pocket 3: A Promising Live Streaming Camera?

Post by MJKlein »

This new camera looks promising for live streaming. The limitations are the app, which does not show any comments. IMO, this is really not acceptable for a live streaming application. It would appear that for the most part, DJI and Insta360 support the portrait mode, reversed video prototype of live streaming where the streamer is simply showing their face and either posing or saying something that doesn't require any audience interaction. This is particularly evident with the Insta360 Flow's livestreaming tracking, which only works with a reversed image and hardly works in landscape at all. The Pocket 3's internal tracking (apparently) works in any situation and is independent of the app itself. This holds a lot of promise for live streaming but there is still the need for the display of comments for IRL streaming. One can usually run the phone in hotspot mode and have the secondary device connect to the phone's Wi-fi but that can present issues with the connection. In the past I have had my iPhone 14 Pro Max refuse to use the Wi-fi for the second device because it was connected to the camera. I found that the order in which I setup the livestream and prepare the devices, seems to matter.

What are your thoughts?
MJ Klein, Site Administrator
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489
MJKlein
Site Admin

Re: DJI Pocket 3: A Promising Live Streaming Camera?

Post by MJKlein »

I have been unable to use this camera for mobile phone live streaming. Even following DJI's specific instructions do not work. I have seen some YouTube live streams using the Pocket 3 in the field but I suspect they are Android devices. I am going to ask DJI about this but I suspect it is impossible unless you have web access to YouTube Studio in the field.
MJ Klein, Site Administrator
湖口鄉新竹縣台灣 Hukou Township, Hsinchu County, Taiwan
English/中文
This site is hosted at Dathorn: https://dathorn.com/index.php?r=489